Symptoms of trauma may include persistent avoidance of reminders associated with the traumatic event, exaggerated negative beliefs (e.g, I can't trust anyone, I am not worthy), persistent negative emotional states, feelings of detachment from others, persistent inability to experience positive emotions, hypervigilance, problems with concentration, angry outbursts, irritability, and recklessness. If you feel like your symptoms are getting in the way of you living your best life, ask for help.
We offer trauma education, supportive counseling, and evidence-based trauma-focused psychotherapies for individuals who may need more specific support to address their symptoms of traumatic stress.
Click on the flyers and links below to find out more information about the evidence-based psychotherapies we offer, which are supported by extensive research and recommended by organizations such as the American Psychological Association, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and the World Health Organization as effective treatments for PTSD and related problems.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact:
Helpful Resources about the Symptoms of Trauma & Coping
- PTSD and Evidence-Based Treatment
- Dealing With Trauma: Recovering From Frightening Events
- What is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder or PTSD?
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - Symptoms, Causes, & Risk Factors
- PTSD Basics
- Coping with a Traumatic Event
- Coping with Traumatic Stress Reactions
Helpful Videos About Trauma
- 8 Keys to Safe Trauma Recovery
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs): Impact on brain, body and behaviour
- Assaulted Sense of Self, Dr. Ken Hardy on Racial Trauma
- Childhood Trauma and the Brain
- How Childhood Trauma Affects Health Across a Lifetime
- Internalized Racism with Dr. Dee Watts-Jones
- The Impact of Stress on the Body
- PTSD: Know Your Options
- Trauma and the Brain
- Understanding PTSD's Effects on Brain Body and Emotions
- Understanding Trauma: Learning Brain vs. Survival Brain
- What is PTSD?
- What Trauma Taught me About Resilience | Charles Hunt
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: (800) 273-8255, available 24/7 | Lifeline Chat
- Region Ten Emergency Services: (434) 972-1800, available 24/7