Our Population Health Behavioral Health team serves eligible* UVA faculty, employees, and patients and offers:
- Brief or Interim psychotherapy sessions, in-person or telehealth; up to 8 sessions for most concerns and up to 12 sessions for trauma-related concerns.
- Counseling support for issues such as: depression, anxiety disorders, trauma/PTSD, stress, moods impacting healthcare engagement, life transitions, adjustments due to changes from chronic or acute illness and injuries, caregiving burden, grief/loss, addiction, end of life concerns, etc.
- Mental health coaching and therapeutic support
- Evidence-based psychotherapies for trauma such as Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Psychoeducation about mental health diagnosis
- Support to learn skills to improve coping and well-being
- Referrals to UVA Health mental health care providers, community therapists or agencies for long-term support