UVA Prehospital Services Vision:
UVA Health System liaison to EMS, Fire, Law Enforcement and Communication Centers for education, quality assurance and feedback to assure excellence in patient care from first medical contact throughout their care within the Health System.
The Prehospital program is currently both BLS and ALS accredited with the Virginia Office of EMS. The accreditation allows us to provide EMT classes as well as AEMT classes. We are very excited to continue to provide high quality EMS classes to our partners.
UVA Prehospital Hybrid EMT - July 17, 2023 to November 2, 2023
- Online learning system with labs
- Hospital Clinical rotations consisting of one adult emergency department rotation
- Lab class location - 2205 Fontaine Avenue, Suite 302, Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Additional Costs: Paper text Book (not required)
- Class registration: EMT Class Registration
- Seats limited to 16 students
AEMT Classes begin on July 24, 2023 to December 2, 2023
- Online learning system with labs in five full day sessions
- Hospital Clinical rotations consisting of two adult and one pediatric emergency department rotations
- Field rotations done with local agencies or your home agency when approved
- Class location - 2205 Fontaine Avenue, Suite 302, Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Cost: $1575 (Includes Online Learning system, online text book and program shirt for clinical and lab rotations)
- Additional Costs: Paper text Book, Cognitive exam, clinical parking
- Applications will be emailed to you upon completion of the registration process for pretesting. Please complete the online registration form for further information
- To register for the pretest UVA AEMT Hybrid Registration
For more information, email: Robinclark@virginia.edu
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Trainee - Earn While You Learn Program
The UVA Earn While You Learn Trainee Program provides structured coursework and paid on-the-job-training as a full-time, benefitted employee.
For additional Information including a video presentation and how to apply, please follow the link or scan the QR Code. Once on the page, look for Programs, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Trainee:
Free Continuing Education Offered (currently suspended due to COVID-19)
- Location: 2205 Fontaine Ave, Suite 302, Charlottesville, VA
- Parking located in back of building off of Lewis Street
Purpose: Agencies or providers that are seeking feedback regarding your patient outcomes to promote better patient care and knowledge can request feedback from firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose: Extend hospital services/recommendations into the prehospital environment
3. Performance Improvement
Purpose: Collect data for registries and accreditation. Provide internal and external patient care feedback to agencies to improve patient outcomes.
Examples: STEMI feedback, Stroke Feedback, Trauma PI, Call sheet review, Be Safe
4. EMS Internal Representation and Advocacy
Purpose: Advocate for EMS within UVA Health.
Examples: QST Stroke Meeting, QST Cath Lab Meeting, Trauma PI, ED-C3 Emergency Dept Meeting
5. EMS Education
Purpose: To promote certification and re-certification of EMS members and agencies in line with national standards and hospital guidelines and initiatives.
Clients: EMS/Fire Agencies, dispatch centers and the general community in the Central Virginia area, with occasional extension in other geographic areas within Virginia.
Types: Initial EMT and AEMT Classes (State Accredited), regional/state/national conferences, Stress First Aid, STEMI Showdown and any other EMS/community educational needs
UVA Life Support Learning Center
- Ped ITLS
- Advance Bleeding Control with blood estimation
6. Coordination of EMS Clinical Time within the UVA Health System
Purpose: Unified scheduling of all internal and external prehospital providers
Types: Local EMT courses, PVCC EMS students
Follow us on Social Media: