Ultrasound-guided Tenex™ is a groundbreaking treatment for tendon pain caused by tissue damage.
Tenex is an alternative to open surgery with a shorter recovery time. It is performed at UVA Imaging’s convenient outpatient center in the Fontaine Research Park by UVA’s specialty trained radiologists.
- Rotator Cuff
- Swimmer’s Shoulder
- Shoulder Pain
- Tennis / Golfer’s Elbow
- Jumper’s / Runner’s Knee
- Achilles Tendonosis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Quick pain relief
- Rapid return to normal activities
- Local anesthetic instead of general anesthesia
- No sutures, no stitches (requires only a small adhesive bandage)
- Short procedure time - Just minutes, not hours
1. Obtain an order from your physician for a Diagnostic Ultrasound and the Tenex Procedure.
2. Schedule your Diagnostic Ultrasound. This exam will assess the area of concern to determine if Tenex can help your pain.
3. Once the radiologist has read the Ultrasound, they can determine if Tenex can help you.
3. If so, you can schedule your Tenex Procedure during this visit. Procedures are typically scheduled for the following week.