During Epic order entry, your selections guide the way the exam will be scheduled.
- READY TO SCHEDULE (IF URGENT, CALL) - This order is sent directly to the radiology scheduling work queue.
- READY TO SCHEDULE - FUTURE DATE - This order is sent to the radiology work queue and will be scheduled according to the date requested.
- TO BE DONE OUTSIDE OF UVA - This order is not sent to the radiology scheduling work queue.
- COORDINATE IMAGING EXAM - This order is sent to the ordering clinic’s work queue and must be manually transferred to the radiology scheduling work queue when ready to be scheduled.
URGENT STUDIES (DVT, PE): Please call (434) 243-0321 Monday-Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM to schedule (studies to be performed in less than 5 business days).
Advanced imaging exams can now be ordered through EpicCare Link. Please contact your UVA Imaging Practice Liaison to obtain access.
UVA Imaging also accepts orders on any legal order form; however, please do not fax orders written on a prescription pad, as faxing will raise the void watermark invalidating the order.
URGENT STUDIES (DVT, PE): Please call (434) 243-2700 Monday-Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM to schedule (studies to be performed in less than 5 business days).
Beginning January 1st, 2022, all ordering professionals must consult a qualified clinical decision support mechanism when ordering outpatient advanced imaging procedures*, and furnishing providers must submit documentation of such on the Medicare claim.
UVA Imaging performs MRIs on patients who do not need conscious sedation. We may schedule these exams at the UVA Medical Center or UVA Educational Resource Center.
Coordinated Clinic Appointments
Please allow two hours between an MRI exam and a follow-up clinic appointment.
We are proud to offer all Large-Bore MRI scanners: Weight Limit – 550 pounds
Patients with the following implants may not be able to be scheduled for an MRI.
A proper investigation of the implant will need to be performed by the MRI staff prior to scheduling the patient's appointment. You may wish to consider if a CT is appropriate for the patient.
- Implanted insulin pumps
- Aneurysm clips
MRIs are performed Monday-Friday at the following locations.
- Fontaine Research Park 415
- Fontaine Research Park 545
- Northridge Medical Park
- Zion Crossroads Medical Park
Early morning appointments starting at 6:30 Am and evening appointments until 9:30PM available at select locations. Appointments are also available Saturdays and Sundays at select locations.
UVA Imaging performs CT scans on patients without a known contrast dye allergy.
Patients whose Abdomen/Pelvis CT exam is indicated for the following diagnosis will be mailed the oral contrast (provided that the CT exam is scheduled at least two weeks out) so they may being dosing at home:
- Appendicitis Crohn's Disease
- Colon Cancer Diverticulitis
- Ovarian Cancer Rectal Cancer
- Right Lower Quadrant Abdominal Pain
CT scans are performed at the following locations Monday-Friday.