Please refer to Program Requirements - Dietetic Internship (virginia.edu) for eligibility criteria.
Application & Match Process
The University of Virginia Health System Dietetic Internship participates in both the Fall and Spring DICAS (Dietetic Internship Central Application System) cycle and the computer match process through D&D Digital.
1). Complete the online DICAS application form at http://dicas.liaisoncas.com by the set deadlines. Please refer to the DICAS website for information on DICAS application fees, starting and filling out your DICAS application, sending in your official transcripts, and submitting your DICAS application.
For issues related to DICAS, DICAS Customer Service can be contacted directly 617-612-2855 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More details on how to submit your official transcripts (via mail or electronically) can be found via Sending Official Transcripts - Liaison (liaisonedu.com)
2). Answer specific questions for the University of Virginia Health System Dietetic Internship.
- Application Questions
- Will you have completed a master's degree by first day of program? If yes, what type of master's degree?
- If in the progress of completing a master's degree, please include the following information: name of master's degree program, number of credit hours completed by September 2023, and anticipated date of master's degree graduation.
- Please confirm that you read the Program Requirements listed on our website.
- How did you hear about our program?
- Personal Statement
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped prepare you for your career.
- Describe any event or experience that required resiliency and how that impacted you as a person and/or your career path.
- What are your short-term and long-term (>5 years) career goals?
- What are the personal qualities you and/or others would identify as strengths and areas for improvement?
- Why are you interested in the University of Virginia Health System Dietetic Internship (UVA Health DI)?
- Additional Documentation
- If you anticipate completing the dietetic internship concurrently with a master's degree, please submit your tentative graduate course plan.
3). Register for Computer Matching through D&D Digital's website (https://www.dnddigital.com/) and pay the registration fee to D&D Digital ($65 as of Spring 2023). Once successfully registered, applicants will receive a username and password, which will be used to rank internships. Applicants must register online, enter preferred contact information and submit their Dietetic Internship preferences by the deadlines provided on the D&D Digital website.
For issues related to D&D Digital, customer service can be contacted directly at 515.292.0490 or email@example.com.
4) Note: the UVA Health program specific application fee has been waived for applications in Spring 2024. Applicants still need to pay the D&D fee in the step above, but do not have to submit an application fee directly to UVA Health.
5). Applicants matched to our program are required to notify the Program Director of their acceptance no later than 6 PM EST the Monday following Match Day. If our internship does not fill the available spots, we will participate in the Second Round Selection process. We will follow the timeline guidelines set forth by NDEP's Second Round Task Force Committee.
For more information, please refer to ACEND's information for Dietetic Internship Match: https://www.eatrightpro.org/acend/students-and-advancing-education/dietetic-internship-match-students.
6). Students who confirm acceptance to the University of Virginia Health System Dietetic Internship will be required to submit the following information by the first day of the internship:
- 2 copies of each official transcript
- Verification Statement from DPD Program
- Tuition: $7500
- Health Insurance information
- Liability Insurance information
- Employee Health Documentation (documentation of required vaccines, titers and drug testing)
- Background Check