What Is It?
Mock Code Train-the-Trainer is a program in which we teach staff from inpatient and ambulatory care areas how to run a mock code. At the end of our 90-minute class, the participants will be able to run a "first five minutes" mock code for staff in their area, focusing on:
- Recognition of the code
- Calling for additional help
- Starting high-quality chest compressions
- Using the Zoll R-series in AED mode or the Zoll AED3
Sessions are required for all new trainers. In addition, people who have been trained earlier on Philips defibrillators should retake a session. Any previous participants who want a refresher are also welcome at a session.
All sessions are in the Life Support Learning Center.
- Friday, November 17, 2023, 0800-0930
- Friday, December 1, 2023, 0800-0930
- Friday, January 26, 2023, 0800-0930
- Friday, February 23, 2024, 0800-0930
- Friday, March 15, 2024, 0800-0930
We are unable to use our usual scheduling program for dates after March 31, 2024. For the following dates, please email Jon Howard to register for the session:
- Friday, April 12, 2024, 0800-0930
- Friday, May 17, 2024, 0800-0930
- Friday, June 7, 2024, 0800-0930
If you have 4-5 people from your area, we can create a custom session for you.
Contact: the LSLC If you have any questions/concerns
At 434-924-1765; Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM,
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact one of the following people:
Jon Howard, Medical Emergency Education Coordinator
Rebekah Billings, Resuscitation Coordinator
Please fill out our quick Feedback From once you have completed the mock code session