Cleaning your Cache Files
To keep your computer from being slowed down and your PeopleSoft information correct; we recommend cleaning your cache files daily for best result. Please follow the instructions below.
- Open your internet provider.
- On the menu bar select Tools
- On the drop down menu, select Internet Options
- On the General Tab, find the area: Temporary Internet files, select Delete Cookies button. A pop-window will appear asking: Delete all cookies in the Temporary Internet File folder? Select Ok.
- Then in the Temporary Internet File area select Delete Files button another pop-up window will appear; click the square that reads: Delete all offline content and then select Ok
- Then in the Temporary Internet File area select Settings, select the View Files button. Highlight the first file listed then at the menu bar at the top select Edit and choose the Select All option. Once all the files have been highlighted delete them with the red X (delete) on the menu bar. A pop-up window will ask: Are you sure you want to delete the selected cookie(s)? And select Yes. Next select the settings button, a new pop-up window will open select view files button another pop-up window will open listing lots of cookie files; click on the top file to highlight it. On the menu bar select Edit and choose select all; this will highlight all the cookie files listed below. Once highlighted select the red X (delete) on the menu bar to delete the cookie files. Close the pop-up windows.
- Further down on the General Tab find the History area change the Days to keep pages in History to Zero, then select the Clear History button. Another pop-up window will ask you: Are you sure you want Window to delete your history of visited web sites? Select the Yes button.
- Lastly select the Ok button at the bottom of the General Tab for Internet Options.