Through proactive outreach guided by the University of Virginia Medical Center policies, mission and values, Employee Relations is a strategic partner in helping to create and maintain a fair and positive working environment. Our goal is to help promote positive work relationships, increase employee engagement and satisfaction and to support the professional growth and development for our workforce.
Employee Relations Consulting Services
Employee Relations provides consulting services, information, advice and resources to Medical Center employees and managers on the full range of human resources issues including:
- Conflict resolution by providing training and tools for managers and employees to facilitate effective communication
- Performance management and performance improvement plan/process
- Team building
- Coaching on having crucial conversations
- Interpretation of Human Resource policies and procedures — ensuring that our policies are appropriately applied and the Medical Center is in full compliance with all federal and state regulatory requirements
- Family/Medical Leave and Short-term Disability Programs
- Grievance Process
- Employment Separations
- Planning through staffing strategies and development of staff skills and training
- Assist with any Human Resources issue or work situation
The Employee Relations Team is ready to help
A Medical Center Employee Relations Consultant can advise, provide information, and make referrals to valuable resources. Situations may arise in which you would like confidential advice or to talk out situations over the phone or in person. We welcome the opportunity to help you find answers and work toward solutions. Call us when you have questions or need advice.
Consultants are available to answer questions or refer you to a helpful resource. Employee relations services can be obtained by contacting the HR Consultant for your area, or through the HR Customer Service Center at 243-3344 or email to HRInfo@virginia.edu. For assistance with urgent matters after hours, please call PIC# 9486.