Psychiatric Services Nursing
As a Psychiatric Nurse at UVA, you'll be an integral member of our multidisciplinary treatment team. Our Psychiatric Services are provided in two separate units. One is a 16-bed, general acute-care unit; the second is a 20-bed, acute-care unit with a focus on the geriatric patient.
Professional Psychiatric Nursing practice at UVA is enhanced by:
- Motivational interviewing training for all nursing staff
- Active participation in treatment team rounds
- Close working relationships with Physicians, Occupational and Recreational Therapists and Social Workers
- Practice based on the recovery model of mental illness
- Emphasis on professional development
- Ongoing nursing research program
Think you're up to the task? UVA wants your conscientious commitment. Apply for a position with us today by clicking here.