Nurses are essential to helping patients recover, learn to manage their chronic illnesses, or transition to the end of their lives with dignity and comfort. Medical/Surgical Nurses at UVA use an interdisciplinary collaborative approach to provide innovative and evidence-based care to patients with complex needs.
Medical/Surgical Nursing at UVA includes a vast array of specialties, patient populations and emerging technologies.
Adult Medical/Surgical specialty units include:
- Digestive Health Center of Excellence, providing comprehensive medical and surgical care for patients in need of bariatric surgery and treatments for a variety of digestive diseases, including IBD, IBS, pancreatic and liver disease
- Medical Cardiology with a special focus on heart failure care and research
- Medical Cardiology and Vascular Surgery
- General Medicine
- Geriatric and Palliative Care
- Neurology, including state-of-the-art continuous EEG/video monitoring, a primary stroke center certified by JCAHO, and an epilepsy unit
- Neurosurgery, including a 6-bed Intermediate Care Unit
- Oncology on an NCI-certified unit
- Orthopedic and Trauma, including groundbreaking research on ACL repair
- Short-Stay Unit for observation and post-procedure care
- Transplant, including our Islet Cell Transplantation Center
- General Surgery
Think you're up to the task? UVA wants your conscientious commitment. Apply for a position with us today by clicking here.