Collaborating with nationally-recognized pathologists, utilizing emerging technology unique to academic medical center labs and participating in research that advances the field of pathology and laboratory medicine are some of the reasons our employees appreciate working at UVA. Here, you'll enjoy a fast-paced environment that promotes developing depth and breadth of skills, enabling you to enhance your career and practice with increased confidence.
You'll also have the opportunity to work in specialized testing areas. As an academic medical center, we perform many tests in-house that other hospitals send out to reference laboratories, such as flow cytometry, allergy testing, blood cell differentials by automated imaging and many special stains in histology to aid in diagnosis of malignancies. Equally interesting, we have several unique, testing specialized areas, including:
- State-of-the-art techniques for chromosome analysis, including FISH testing
Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory
- Part of the Microbiology Department, the molecular diagnostics lab performs a large number of PCR-based tests for infectious disease along with tests for genetic mutations such as cystic fibrosis.
- An innovative lab employing mass spectrometry and other techniques to test for immunosuppressive drugs, drugs of abuse and anabolic steroids.
Surgical Pathology Laboratory
- An exciting area aiding in the diagnosis of malignancies utilizing histochemical, immunohistochemical and enzyme histochemistry stains and immunofluroescence. The laboratory also provides ISH/FISH testing and Electron Microscopy services.
- Autopsy Technician
- Clinical Lab Scientist 1
- Clinical Lab Scientist 2
- Clinical Lab Scientist 3
- Histology Technician
- Pathologist Assistant
- Specimen Management Technician
Think you're up to the task? UVA wants your conscientious commitment. Apply for a position with us today by clicking here.