We take pride in all of our healthcare professionals that are employed at UVA Medical Center. To begin the process of hiring great healthcare professionals, all open positions must undergo the following hiring process.
- Each department must determine the need for a new or replacement position.
- All positions must be approved by a Member of the Medical Center's Leadership Team.
- Department managers will meet with their appropriate Talent Acquistion Consultant to discuss a strategic recruitment plan to fill the position.
- Key requirements needed from the position, special qualifications and skills are reviewed. This will aide HR in posting the position.
- All positions are posted on UVA Medical Center's Careers website for a minimum of five days.
- All current Team Members and external applicants that meet the minimum qualifications for an open position are encouraged to apply. This ensures that we have a talented and diverse applicant pool. Applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications will be notified via email. All applicants will be able to check the status of their application(s) by logging onto the Careers website.
- The hiring manager will work with the Talent Acquisition Consultant to select applicants to interview. Applicants that are not selected for an interview will be notified via email.
- Once interviewed, the hiring manager will communicate to the Talent Acquisition Consultant which qualified applicant is selected for the position.
- Should an offer be determined by the Hiring Manager the Talent Acquisition Consultant will follow up with the applicant and a offer is extended.