How to Make An Appointment
- Non UVA Employees Click here to fill out a simple form to start the process! UVA employees please email email@example.com. You can also call 434 243-4749 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, to contact our office manager, Robert Fitzgerald.
- We welcome both self-referral and physician referral for most health conditions.
- Physician referral is required to see the digestive health dietitians
- UVA employees/spouses enrolled in the UVA Health Plan are entitled to one complimentary Nutritional Consultation per lifetime as a Hoo's Well benefit. You can schedule your visit by emailing email@example.com.
- Subsequent visits for on-going care can be scheduled by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment & Insurance
- Insurance coverage and payment varies. If insurance does not cover the service, clients will be responsible for payment. Your copay is due at the time of service. If you have questions regarding charges or a co-pay please contact Robert Fitzgerald 434-243-4749
- We bill insurance for physician referred consultations for diabetes and end stage kidney disease.
- We do not bill insurance for any other health condition without an insurance authrorization number for the visit.
- Effective Jan 1, 2012 UVA Aetna covered employees will cover nutrition counseling for most medical conditions with a physician referral.
- Cost varies depending on insurance. Follow-up varies with length of visit. UVA provides a 20% discount for self-paying clients.
- We accept patients who are eligible for UVA’s Patient Financial Assistance program/UVA discount for pay ranges 1-6.
When you arrive please register at the registration hub in the main lobby before coming to our clinic. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early. You will be expected to pay your insurance co-pay or the cost of the visit, depending on insurance, at that time. Please check the appointment we send you in the mail to see how much you will be required to pay.
You may use your receipt and pursue reimbursement with your insurance company. (It may be helpful to have a physician prescription for MNT-Medical Nutrition Therapy) to submit with your claim. If your insurance does not cover medical nutrition therapy for obesity it is tax deductible as a health care expense.
Specialty Group Training and Classes
- Group classes are generally an out-of-pocket expense, but cost significantly less than individual appointments.
- We do not submit insurance for our existing specialty group training classes.