The Clinical Radiation Safety Committee provides coherent and consistent clinician oversight and direction to the continuous revision, improvement and evaluation of EpicCare and the other clinical information systems that comprise the Electronic Health Record (EHR) at the University of Virginia.
Staff support is provided by the Clinical Radiation Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure there is consistent and coherent clinician direction for modifications and enhancements to the EHR.
- Assure proposed modifications and enhancements to the EHR adhere to the guiding principles developed and approved by the clinical staff and the MCOB.
- Provide input and recommendations to the organization about strategic directions for the ongoing management and development of the EHR.
- Evaluate, prioritize and approve the development and implementation of incremental modifications and enhancements in the functionality and operation of the EHR.
- Make recommendations to the organization about opportunities and practices that would support the capture, documentation, display, analysis and reporting of clinical information.
- Make recommendations to the organization about the education and training of clinicians around the use of the EHR.