The CPR Training Guidelines are taken
directly from the Medical Center 0265 policy on emergency
- New Hires may be required, (depending on their job description) to
provide a copy of their AHA BLS certification to Human Resources when
hired and prior to orientation.
- The new employee, if required, must have their
BLS/CPR prior to hire date/orientation. If the new hire does not have
their BLS/CPR they will need to contact their HR representative to make
sure it is part of their new hire pre-qualification process.
- Need a skills session after finishing your online BLS course then
- Existing Non-Physician direct patient care providers of the UVA
Medical Center must be compliant policy 0265 requirements.
- If required to have BLS/CPR certification your online course, (part
1) will be automatically assigned to you in your Net Learning account
60 days prior to your BLS/CPR expiration date.
- Please contact us by clicking here if
you have not been assigned the online course in Net Learning and you
feel you are required to have BLS/CPR.
- To complete the skills session, (part 2) you may use either a local
instructor or select a time slot in one of our weekly sessions at
the Life Support Learning Center by clicking
here for Monday afternoon sessions or Here
for Friday morning sessions.
- Remember the skills session must be completed
within 60 days of the online course completion and you must print out
and present the online course completion certificate prior to
performing the skills session.